User login and password

Thread: User login and password

Default User login and password

For a university assignment i have i been asked to create a staff login page that validates the staffid and their password. There is a table called "Staff" in the database that contains all the information. This is the coding i currently have for the verify.asp file:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR> set conn=server.createobject("ADODB.connection")<BR> "Orders", "IWSDstudent", "assign2"<BR> staff = request.form("SNAME")<BR> passw = request.form("PASS")<BR> sql = "select staffid from staff where staffid = &#039;" & staff & "&#039; and password = &#039;" & passw & "&#039;"<BR> set rs=conn.execute(sql)<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is this the right logic? Are there a series of &#039;IF&#039; statements i need to use, im totally clueless, and this is just the beginning of the assignment. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx

Default statement

needs to be corrected.<BR><BR><BR>The usual format is,<BR> sql, connectionstring<BR><BR>where sql is a sql statement. Connectionstring is the DB connection string.<BR><BR>I will suggest to read some FAQs on connecting to the DB. You can find some simple one by cliking on the FAQs link at the top right corner of this page.