Hello all,<BR><BR>I have a general "how to do it" type question. Here goes...<BR><BR>I am writing a web ap which allows users to upload files, for others to download later. No problems with the uploads - I am using SA file up without any problems. My question is about duplicate file names. Let&#039;s say that two different users upload two different files with the same filename. Of course, I don&#039;t want one to over-write the other on the server, so my way around that at the moment is to use "save_as" to prefix a unique ID number to the filename, thus avoiding any conflicts.<BR><BR>My problem is, when another user comes to download the files, I want them to be able to save the files as their original filenames - that is, loose the prefixed numbers on the filename.<BR><BR>Is there a way of redirecting a browser to a file and instructing it to save the file as a different filename on the local machine? Or is there an easy way I am just completely missing.<BR><BR>Some ideas have included the use of different server directories to avoid filename conflicts instead of altering the filenames themselves, but this is impractical if the number of users is unknown and likely to be large.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>DC