URGENT - distributing fields into 3 columns

Thread: URGENT - distributing fields into 3 columns

Radicalcat Guest

Default URGENT - distributing fields into 3 columns

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m currently trying to find some info on out-putting form fields from an Access database into tables like 2 tables of 3 columns X ? rows.<BR><BR>For example I have a database named "MyDatabase" with a table called products with field1, field2, field3 and field4 but I just want to display field 2 in the first table that has a particular number i.e "2" in field3. That is no problem for me but the fun starts now:<BR><BR>The next table will start below the first and will be exactly the same except it will display field2 that has the number "3" in field3. The problem I get doing this is the ASP seems to be looking for an extra "&#060;% End If %&#062;" tags and generates an Error. But that I could probably work out too. The bit that I&#039m really stuck with is explained in more detail next:<BR><BR>I want to output the results of the query&#039s into two tables that has 3 columns with a loop to output the rows depending on how many records are available(as I have said).<BR>The results have to be placed into these three columns and then carry on and form more rows as determined by the amount of records available but keeping within the three columns. What I mean is the results need to keep flowing into rows distributed along the three columns and then forming new rows depending on how many records are present.<BR><BR>Your help would be very much appreciated.<BR><BR>rAd

Default RE: URGENT - distributing fields into 3 columns

i think you mean....<BR><BR>Dim i<BR>i = 1<BR><BR>&#060;tr&#062;<BR>Do while not recordset.eof<BR><BR>....write "&#060;td&#062;value&#060;/td&#062;"<BR><BR>If i =3 then<BR>....write "&#060;/tr&#062;&#060;tr&#062;"<BR>end if<BR><BR>...movenext<BR>i=i+1<BR>loop<BR><BR>You can control the html by counting where you are in the recordset.<BR><BR>If that&#039s what you meant:)

radicalcat Guest

Default RE: URGENT - distributing fields into 3 columns

Thanks for the help and it has got me started although I still have not got the tables functioning properly yet. I&#039ll keep working on it and will post an update later on.<BR><BR>rAd