Strange ASP/MS Access Error

Thread: Strange ASP/MS Access Error

Wilfred Mathews Guest

Default Strange ASP/MS Access Error

Hi Folks,<BR><BR>I&#039m now getting a very strange error when I connect to my Access Database (the same had worked perfectly sometime back). Here are the details of the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR><BR>/mtpd/login.asp, line 81<BR><BR>Line 81 just opens the Database using the System DSN &#039Mtpd&#039 as follows: <BR><BR>Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MyDb.Op en "Mtpd" &#060;-- Error on this line<BR><BR>Here are a few facts before you can come to a conclusion on what I may be doing wrong: the Database IS Closed; it DOES NOT have the Exclusive property checked; appropriate write permissions HAVE BEEN set on the Drive where it resides, and the DSN Name/Connection is perfect. I even tried moving the database file onto another drive, recreating the DSN, but in vain. If you have come across this error before and could throw more light on what could be wrong, I&#039d greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance!<BR><BR>Best Regards,<BR>Wilfred.

Leungas Guest

Default RE: Strange ASP/MS Access Error

Possibility: Use Response.write to check your DSN. It can&#039t find you DB file. DSN may be perfect, but you still need to check where it is...<BR><BR>