Help: still can't connect to access 2000

Thread: Help: still can't connect to access 2000

Default Help: still can't connect to access 2000

I have tryed various methods to connect to my access 2000 dbase. I have heard that using a dsnless connection is prefered, i am trying to connect using either, can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong? <BR><BR>Here is my code<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>&#039 this code opens the database<BR>myDSN="(DSN=conntemp;uid=admin;pwd="ma gic")"<BR>set conntemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<B R> myDSN<BR><BR>&#039 this code retrieves the data<BR>mySQL="select * from table1"<BR>set rstemp=conntemp.execute(mySQL)<BR><BR>if not rstemp.eof then<BR> response.write(rs.fields("")) <BR> else<BR> response.write("No Records")<BR> end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I would like to see sample code for a dsnless connection aswell.<BR><BR>The error message i get is: expected end of statement. error 800a0401. myDSN="(DSN=conntemp;uid=admin;pwd="magic")"<BR><B R>Thank you for your help

Leungas Guest

Default RE: Help: still can't connect to access 2000

You line at MyDSN is incorrect:<BR><BR>try this line and see if it works<BR>myDSN="(DSN=conntemp;uid=admin;pwd=""magi c"")"<BR><BR>