WinCE file access using ASP

Thread: WinCE file access using ASP

Default WinCE file access using ASP

Yesterday, I asked how files could be accessed on a platform. It was suggested that the WinCE API might be used. I tried CreateFile()*, which I could not get to work (Microsoft VBScript runtime error: &#039;800a000d&#039; Description: Type mismatch: &#039;CreateFile&#039;). However, another source told me that ASP does not have the ability to call the API, because it would be a severe security risk.<BR>The security argument seems reasonable, however, the runtime error seems to be complaining about the arguments being passed, not the CreateFile function.<BR>Helpful suggestions greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>* example code<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim fs<BR>Const GENERIC_READ = &H80000000<BR>Const OPEN_EXISTING = &H00000003<BR>Const FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL = &H00000080<BR><BR>Set fs = CreateFile("whatever.txt", GENERIC_READ, 0, 0,<BR>OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, 0)<BR>...<BR>CloseHandle(fs)<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default What are you trying?

You want, from the server, to create a file on the client?<BR><BR>Can&#039;t be done.