Copying files from Server to Server

Thread: Copying files from Server to Server

Default Copying files from Server to Server

Hi All,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve read through the FAQ&#039;s on FileSystemObjects, but cant quite find the answer I&#039;m looking for. I am trying to copy a file from one server (SERVER1) to another (SERVER2). SERVER1 has the ASP page on it and a shared directory which lies on SERVER2. <BR><BR>I believe I have set up the permissions correctly for IUSR_SERVER1 to access the SERVER2 share, but I&#039;m not quite sure. I created a user on SERVER2 called IUSR_SERVER1 and gave it read, write permissions to the share. (Perhaps I set this up wrong?)<BR><BR>When I run my script, I don&#039;t get any permission denied errors. instead, I get "Page cannot be displayed" error. <BR><BR>Here is the code that makes the copy file call:<BR><BR>Dim SERVERapproved<BR>SERVERapproved ="K:Approval Folder\" <BR>&#039;This is the shared folder from SERVER1<BR><BR>Set objFSO=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemOb ject")<BR>Set f=objFSO.CreateTextFile("C:Approvalsapproved.txt", true)<BR>objFSO.CopyFile (f, SERVERapproved,true)<BR>Set f=nothing<BR>Set objFSO=Nothing<BR><BR>If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.<BR><BR>THANKS!!<BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default Not sure

but who about writing something to the file and THEN trying to copy it.<BR><BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed is not really your FSO problem IMO...maybe comment out this code and see if the page displays<BR><BR>

Default RE: That won't work...

If you trying to copy a file from Server(A) to Server(B) within the same workgroup then you are in luck, otherwise it can&#039;t be done (as far as I know).<BR><BR>Here is your list:<BR>1) Make sure you have Wsript 5.6 or greater installed on both servers (I have only tested this on server2000).<BR>2) Use UNC paths to the share.<BR>example: \youre servershare1folder1<BR><BR>That should get you closer.<BR><BR>If you need more help