My name is Vince Maskeeper and I run a website called the musician&#039s assistance site (www.musicianassist.com). I am attempting to integrate MSaccess content into my site and am having TONS of trouble. <BR><BR>I have had set up and re set up the DSN for my database (including setting it up in different directories and with different names and different versions of my database) but I get the same error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Couldn&#039t lock file. <BR>/vince/datatest.asp, line 10 <BR><BR>anytime i try to open the database. I wrote the asp script (being somewhat new- but it&#039s pretty basic) and when I call the open method of my connection object I get the "unable to lock file" error.<BR><BR>I am pretty sure, and have been told by a half dozen people that this is due to the fact that when opening the database it is (for some reason) unable to create the .ldb file it needs to open. I have been told this is due to permission settings on the directory containing the database- but My Provider has changed and rechanged them (according to them)- to no avail. I have also had other problems which everyone I&#039ve asked have attributed to server configurations.<BR><BR>I have sent my scripts to other programmers- and many have run them on their machines and have told me my code is fine.<BR><BR>Now, My Provider is thinking this may have something to do with FrontPage 2000 (my virtual server is configured for FP 2000 and not FP98). Does anyone have any real ideas as to what the cause of this error is and what, if anything, I can do to fix it!?! I&#039m pulling my hair out on this one. <BR><BR>Any ideas you may have would be appreciated.