Office components on a NT Server

Thread: Office components on a NT Server

Default Office components on a NT Server

Hey,<BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to automate excel from VB (and, ultimately asp), but at the moment am having a few problems; in my project i have a reference to the "Microsoft Excel 9.0 object Library" OLB file. I know this file is added to the system when MS Office is installed but the web server i&#039;m trying to run this on doesn&#039;t have office(or excel) installed (and i&#039;ve been told i can&#039;t install it on there).<BR><BR>I&#039;m hoping simply transferring, and registering the Excel9.OLB file on the server will work, but at the moment am having problems trying to register it (Regsvr32 doesn&#039;t work). Anybody got any ideas how to register it? Or anyother way to get the excel functionality without installing the app?<BR><BR>Any helps much appreciated.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>CP.

Default RE: Office components on a NT Server

hello<BR>as far as i know, you need to have the office / excel application installed on your web server as i think there are a lot more DLL&#039;s used by those applications which are only registered thrrough the install wizard and not through regsvr32. Now, using excel in an web environment is a VERY VERY performance intensive task - word, excel etc were never designed to work in a high volume automated environment - if your on an intranet you would survive, on the internet, your going to have major problems even if everything is in COM. Look for 3rd party toolkits.