problem transfer data from page to page

Thread: problem transfer data from page to page

Default problem transfer data from page to page

Hi all ,<BR>I have a problem in transfering data from page to page using query string in javascript through asp code , please read the folloing code and you will reach to problem point while you reading it :<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>&#039;if this page is requested by clicking the Submit button<BR>if request("submit") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> dim count,user,strMsg<BR><BR> user = Request.form("txtUser")<BR> &#039;check for white space<BR> if instr(user," ") &#062; 0 then<BR> strMsg = "space is not allowed, please"<BR> end if<BR> &#039;get the total no. of online users<BR> count = cint(Application("usercount"))<BR> &#039;check for duplicate name<BR> for i = 1 to count<BR> if trim(user) = application("name" & i) then<BR> strMsg = "Please enter another Nick name"<BR> end if<BR> next<BR> &#039;if everything is OK,<BR> &#039;then store the user name in the application object as well as<BR> &#039;the session object, increment the user count by one, and<BR> &#039;open the chat window<BR> if strMsg = "" then<BR> count = count + 1<BR> Application("usercount") = count<BR> Application("name" & count) = user<BR> session("user") = user<BR>&#039;My Problem Begins form here , count and user variables couldn&#039;t<BR>&#039;be transfer to chat.html page <BR> Response.Write "&#060;script&#062;" & _<BR>""chat.html?userid=count & "Name*" & user & _<BR> ""","""",""toolbar=no,location=no,directories= no," & _<BR> "status=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars= no," & _<BR> "copyhistory=no,width=650,height=300"")&#060;/script&#062;"<BR><BR> Response.End<BR> end if<BR><BR><BR>end if<BR>%&#062;

Default If you promise to stop posting questions

to the Advanced forum, I&#039;ll help you here ; )<BR><BR>Look at what you are doing, at first glance it appears you are writing out the literal "count"(hint..hint), not the VALUE of the variable count. However, there is a really easy way to know what is coming out. Look at the full URL in the address bar of your new window. <BR><BR>What do you see? Or is your new window not even coming up?<BR><BR>You are going to have to work a little bit for this one ; )<BR><BR>Pete