little stuck on this one...<BR><BR>I want to use windows authentication but have found some errors, either on my side (likely) or on the MS side (not as likely but still likely).<BR><BR>using the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Page Language="vb"%&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ Import Namespace="System.Security.Principal"%&#062;<BR>&# 060;%<BR>dim blnISDepartment as boolean<BR>blnISDepartment = User.IsInRole("netwasatchBudgets")<BR>%&#062;<BR>& #060;%if blnISDepartment = true then%&#062; ....<BR><BR><BR>if I log into the IIS box, authenticate off the domain, and my username is associated with the AD group Budgets, everything works fine and blnISDepartment = true.<BR><BR>If on the otherhand I log in as with a period, or if I am a member of a group that is with a period in it, or _groupnam with an underscore, all of which are members of the Budgets group, blnISDepartment = false.<BR><BR>Basically any group or username with characters other than a-zA-Z do not allow me to use this code. Am I missing something? Should I be doing a Base64 to the string before comparing? Perplexing to me, but maybe not to you.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Klint