invalid book mark value

Thread: invalid book mark value

Default invalid book mark value

I have been having a recurring issue with data not comming back from my database as the correct type. I am starting to think it may have something to do with the getrows() function as this seems to be the primary ADODB method of bringing information back from the database throughout the my application. <BR><BR>My latest error is as follows:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E0E)<BR>[Oracle][ODBC]Invalid bookmark value.<BR>/dgv2test/forum.asp, line 308<BR><BR>the following line in bold is the portion of forum.asp giving the problem:<BR><BR>set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rs.cache size = strPageSize<BR> strSql & strSql2 & strSql3 & strSql4, my_Conn, adOpenStatic<BR>if not rs.EOF then<BR>rs.movefirst<BR>rs.pagesize = strPageSize<BR>inttotaltopics = cLng(rs.recordcount)<BR>rs.absolutepage = mypage &#039;**<BR>maxpages = cLng(rs.pagecount)<BR>arrTopicData = rs.GetRows(strPageSize) iTopicCount = UBound(arrTopicData, 2)<BR>else<BR>iTopicCount = ""<BR>inttotaltopics = 0<BR>end if<BR>rs.Close<BR>set rs = nothing<BR><BR>One possibility is that the Oracle driver doesn&#039;t provide a recordset that supports bookmarks.<BR>I am curious if the getrows() function has something to do with this. As what is happening is that whenever data is brought back from the oracle database via getrows(), the ODBC driver interprets all the data coming back as strings. I found in some obscure discussion forum that there is a way to control how data is brought back in ASP, I however am still figuring out how to do this. I want numbers to be brought back as numbers and characters as characters. <BR><BR>If you have any insight on the getrows() function and how this might affect data brought back please share.<BR>Thank you for any assistance you can offer me. <BR><BR>samir<BR><BR>

Default Why would the GetRows...

...have anything at all to do with the error you are seeing???<BR><BR>You indicated that the error occurred several code lines *before* the call to GetRows. Computers aren&#039;t prescient. They can&#039;t predict that 5 lines later you will call GetRows so they&#039;d better just get it over with and give you the error now.<BR><BR>The most obvious answer is that the error message is correct: Have you debugged to find out exactly what you *ARE* trying to set the rs.AbsolutePage to??? That is, have you done a <BR> Response.Write "DEBUG: mypage is " & mypage & "&#060;P&#062;"<BR>*before* you get the error?<BR><BR>And have you considered checking to see if there really *ARE* that many pages in the results of your query?<BR><BR>