execute method in IIS and PWS

Thread: execute method in IIS and PWS

Prashanth Guest

Default execute method in IIS and PWS

Hello, <BR>I am using PWS at my home and using MS-ACCESS 97 database. I have got to insert some data into the table. This works fine in PWS .When I deploy to my main server which is running IIS4 and also Access 97 of same version I get an error saying &#039Operation must use an updateble query&#039. The query part is mentioned below,<BR><BR>Mysql="Insert into Categories (CategoryName) Values(&#039Printers&#039)"<BR>myconn.execute MySql ( Myconn is connection for my database) <BR><BR>Error I get:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>The problem limits only while inserting and updation . Search has no problems at all.<BR><BR><BR>Can u please solve this. Thanks in advance<BR>Prashanth

Default RE: execute method in IIS and PWS

It means that the user the web site is running as (IUSR_MachineName) has does not have write permissions to your database and the directory that it is in. As least, that&#039s what the problem was for me when I encountered the same error that you got.<BR><BR>See the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/1/68.ASP?LNG=ENG&SA=ALLKB&FR=0<BR><BR>James