Difficulty in Connecting to Database

Thread: Difficulty in Connecting to Database

Terence Guest

Default Difficulty in Connecting to Database

I am new to ASP. <BR>I created a Form and when I try to connect to database the below error occur can anyone Please help me by explain what is this error and what I can do to solve it?<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/Contacts.asp, line 12 <BR>

Keith Fowler Guest

Default RE: Difficulty in Connecting to Database

It would help all of us, if you would post the code that you are using to connect to the DB. An error message by itself is not much to go on. Especially, since your particular error could be caused by a number of things. <BR><BR>The first thing I would say is, make sure that you are using a DSN that exists, otherwise create it. If you are attempting to perform a DSNless connection, make sure the connection string contains all the necessary elements, and the syntax is correct.<BR>Also, be sure that the necessary drivers are installed on your system.<BR><BR>I apologize if my answer is not exactly what you were looking for. For future reference, include the code snippet that is causing the problem, or at least enough of the code for someone to understand what it is you are trying accomplish.

Default RE: Difficulty in Connecting to Database

I had that same problem for the past 2 days and I was looking all around for an answer. I finally tried this.<BR>When making a DSN, don&#039t use File DSN, instead use System DSN.<BR>It solved my problem<BR>Best of luck:)