AutoNumbers and Insert

Thread: AutoNumbers and Insert

Paul Bedford Guest

Default AutoNumbers and Insert

I am trying to insert 2 pieces of data from a form into an access database. <BR><BR>The database has four fields the first of which is an Autonumber, <BR>the next two being text fields that I would like to insert into, and the last being a Yes/No data type.<BR><BR>The thing is everytime I try to insert into the two fields - I get an error telling me that I have duplicate records even if the table is empty......?<BR><BR>Am I being stupid or is this a problem?<BR><BR>Any help ASAP appreciated<BR><BR>Paul

Paul Bedford Guest

Default RE: AutoNumbers and Insert: This is the code

&#060;% Set db = server.createObject("ADODB.connection") db.open "be095419" srtSQL = "Insert into StudentsandModules (ModuleId, StudentID) VALUES "&_ "(&#039" & request.querystring("ModuleID") & "&#039, &#039" & request.querystring("Custid") & "&#039)" db.execute strSQL &#037;&#062;

jhomminga@cmaiglobal.com Guest

Default RE: AutoNumbers and Insert: This is the code

Check the index validation for those non key fields to allow duplicates.<BR><BR>Maybe you are not setting values and two nulls are two equivalant values in the same field as move from record to record.<BR><BR>If you are not acting directly on the autonumber field then the SQL statement will cause the record to EDIT/SAVE.