Multiple queries to a single database on one page

Thread: Multiple queries to a single database on one page

Default Multiple queries to a single database on one page

I recently set up an intro web page to an online navigation system for a database. Currently there are four methods on this intro page for the user to limit how much of the database is listed (ie: they can limit by organization name, budget, skill and sector). I generated a script using<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>conn.op en "DSN=DatabaseName"<BR><BR>set rs = conn.execute(sqlstmt)<BR><BR>Where the last line executes my SQL statement and is repeated for each of the above four selections. In this way I can generate a drop down box with all of the Organization Names, and another with all the Budget sizes, etc.<BR><BR>This was working beautifully for about a month, but it has mysteriously stopped. The intro page (the one with the four drop down menus) takes forever to load and I haven&#039;t yet manged to make it load completely.<BR><BR>Trying each individual execute line by itself works, but when I try to do two or more execute statements it stalls out.<BR><BR>Is there a better way to do what I am trying??<BR><BR>Please help<BR>

Default Try a few things.

Try using an DSN-less OLEDB connection instead of a DSN. See this site for connection strings:<BR><BR><BR>Try executing the SQL statements and then putting them into arrays using GetRows(). Reuse the same recordset object for each Sql statement.<BR><BR>Make sure you are closing your database connection when you are finished with it.<BR><BR>-Doug