Inserting dates with and without time depending on

Thread: Inserting dates with and without time depending on

Default Inserting dates with and without time depending on

Hello! I would like to allow the user to insert dates into the db, in long format (2001-02-02 or 2001-02-02 12:30) . I use these forms: <BR>date_year<BR>date_month<BR>date_day<BR>time_ho ur<BR>time_minute<BR><BR>Now I have previously done something like this:<BR>------------------------<BR>date = DateSerial(Request("date_Year"), Request("date_Month"), Request("date_Day")) <BR>------------------------<BR>But I have only used that to add date without time (2001-02-02). Is it possible to sometimes have the time included, sometimes not, depending on whether the timeforms have been selected, and at the same time ensure that the date is inserted in proper form?<BR><BR>

Default Sure! And good coding...

Nice job so far.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>theDate = DateSerial(Request("date_Year"), Request("date_Month"), Request("date_Day"))<BR><BR>If Request("time_hour") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> theTime = TimeSerial( Request("time_hour"), Request("time_minute"), 0 )<BR> theDate = theDate + theTime &#039; YES! Believe it or else!<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I should note that TimeSerial only accepts 24-hour clock format for hours. So 3PM must be given as 15, for the hour.<BR><BR> <BR><BR>