Unable to Connect to SQL 2000 after upgrade

Thread: Unable to Connect to SQL 2000 after upgrade

Default Unable to Connect to SQL 2000 after upgrade

Newbie here!<BR><BR>I had an ASP page that was working to perfection with SQL 7.0. After a recent upgrade to a new server (W2K and SQL 2000), I am no longer able to connect. I am developing the page in Frontpage 2002. The user that was used previously to connect (webuser, see below) was re-created on the new server. I am able to connect to the database (with webuser) with SQL Analyzer so there is not an issue with SQL. The error I receive when I try to run the ASP page is the following:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]Access Denied<BR><BR>I believe the problem lies with FrontPage and some permission issues. Does anyone have a configuration checklist of what I should be checking for since our server upgrade? Here is a copy of the connection string, in case it is needed to help solve my problem.<BR><BR>var adoConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");<BR>adoCon nection.Open("DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=WEBSQL;UID=webuser;PWD=webpwd;DATABA SE=Main");<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have checked in MS Knowledge Base and on Google Groups, but to no avail. Thank you.

Default RE: Unable to Connect to SQL 2000 after upgrade

My guess it you did not re-create the user correct.<BR><BR>What happens when you use &#039;sa&#039; as user (with the correct pw), if the error is gone, the &#039;webuser&#039; is not known in the db

Default try this connection string...

adoConnection.Open("Provider=MSDASQL;" & _<BR> "Driver={SQL Server};" & _<BR> "Server=WEBSQL;" & _<BR> "Database=Main;" & _<BR> "Uid=webuser;" & _<BR> "Pwd=webpwd;")