I have written a web service that executes SQL statements against an MSaccess database. It is capable of performing inquiry, update and add queries.<BR><BR>The problem that I am having is that in performing an add or an update it is possible for the querry to not succeed due to a poorly formed SQL statement or other error with the attempt.<BR><BR>I would like to have the error passed to the calling program, but I don&#039;t know how to do this.<BR><BR>Can anyone describe this process?<BR><BR>Web Service Code below:<BR> Public strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=c:datasource
ewPSCR.MDB;"<BR><BR> &#060;WebMethod()&#062; Public Function QueryData(ByVal strSQL As String) As DataSet<BR> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection<BR> Dim objDa As OleDbDataAdapter<BR> Dim objDS As New DataSet()<BR><BR> Try<BR> strconn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:datasourceTestDatabase.MDB;"<BR><BR> objConn = New OleDbConnection(strconn)<BR> objDa = New OleDbDataAdapter(strSQL, objConn)<BR><BR> &#039;Get the dataset<BR> objDa.Fill(objDS, "objtable")<BR> Return objDS<BR> Catch ex As OleDbException<BR><BR> End Try<BR> End Function