Textbox-Focus and Checkboxes-Disabled ?

Thread: Textbox-Focus and Checkboxes-Disabled ?

Default Textbox-Focus and Checkboxes-Disabled ?

I have a web page, which contains a textbox and two checkboxes. Input in the textbox or a choice of one of the two checkboxes initiates a sql statement. When the user makes a selection on page "send" the results show up on page "receive". No problem there, however, I would like to deselect any checkbox that has been previously selected and give focus totally to the textbox when the user clicks the back button on their browser. I have an if statement that is retrieving the SQL statements associated with each object of the send page, but I can&#039;t get the checkboxes to go back to "unchecked or disabled".<BR>This is what I have, and the textboxes and checkboxes appear twice.<BR>&#060;%<BR>If %&#062;<BR>&#060;input name="Name" type="textbox" value != " " &#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="checkbox" name="ShowAll" disabled&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="checkbox" name="ShowMGT" disabled&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>else %&#062;<BR>&#060;input name="Name" type="textbox" value=" " &#062;<BR>&#060;/font&#062; --OR-- <BR>&#060;input type="checkbox" name="ShowAll" &#062;<BR>Show All Employees ---OR-- <BR>&#060;input type="checkbox" name="ShowMGT" &#062;<BR>Show Management Staff Only <BR>&#060;input type="submit" /&#062;<BR>&#060;% end if %&#062;<BR>Thank you.<BR><BR>GailG.

Default You could have used the body...

OnLoad function to trigger a JS function which would have done your job when you hit the back button.<BR><BR>But this event will trigger even when you are coming to the page for the first time.