Table problem

Thread: Table problem

Default Table problem

Hi all;<BR><BR>I have a table that I am using as the header to a page, and I am having trouble getting things to align as I want them. I will describe the problem as completely as I can.<BR><BR>Here is the code for the table;<BR><BR>&#060;table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"&#062;<BR> &#060;tr&#062;<BR> &#060;td valign="bottom" width=400&#062;<BR> &#060;IMG src="&#060;% = DomainName %&#062;graphics/main_logo.jpg"&#062;<BR> &#060;/td&#062;<BR> &#060;td valign="bottom" align="right" bgColor=#E7FFFF&#062;<BR> &#060;% = HeaderText %&#062;<BR> &#060;/td&#062;<BR> &#060;/tr&#062;<BR>&#060;/table&#062;<BR><BR>What I want to do is display the logo to the far left of the left cell, and the HeaderText on the far right of the right cell.<BR><BR>When I run this in Netscape, things display as I would like them to. However, when I run it in IE, the HeaderText is not displayed on the far right of the cell, but rather more in the middle. Now for the weird part= if I set the table border = 1, then the text is displayed correctly in IE. But, I don&#039t want a boarder, and I am not sure how to make a transparent boarder (I can make a white one, but Netscape doesn&#039t show a white border). This little table seemed to work in a previous page I put together, but now it is suddenly no longer working. What I am doing wrong??<BR><BR>Thanks!!

Default RE: Table problem

Your code for this simple table works fine in my IE5 browser. The Logo (image) was aligned left (by default) in the left cell and the text was aligned right in the right cell. It worked with and without a border. Maybe gremlins! Good Luck!<BR><BR>