Update page with checkboxes

Thread: Update page with checkboxes

Default Update page with checkboxes

I have a form with a list of items with checkboxes. I want to make an update page. Is it possible to have the same list with checkboxes and have the boxes be checked if that item is in DB and then be able to uncheck or check another box to update the database? I know how to create updateable text boxes, is it similar to that?<BR>Thanks.

Los Angeles, CA

Default Why not

while you are painting the checkbox, get a list of all the items in the db, are you loop through the list see if the item exists in the bd, if it does make it CHECKED<BR><BR>

Default Not sure if this is what you mean or not but...

The other post about marking the checkbox checked is right on target.<BR><BR>But...<BR><BR>You may also need to keep track of specific items that were unchecked. Posting a checkbox that is unchecked won&#039;t show up<BR>in the Request collection for server side reference. I&#039;ve used<BR>a hidden field in the form with a similar name to the checkbox (usually includes the same db primary key for the record).<BR><BR>Then, when the checkbox is checked or unchecked, it updates the value in the hidden field.