FSO server load issues with keyword search?

Thread: FSO server load issues with keyword search?

Default FSO server load issues with keyword search?

Hi folks,<BR>Quick question, I&#039;ve followed a 4Guys sample to create a full text search using FSO and tweaked it&#039;s performance as indicated in http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/010401-1.shtml<BR><BR>I don&#039;t have any control over the server here at work, other than being able to post .asp files. I&#039;m concerned that even though my searches are fast and contained to one directory, they may be putting a load on the rest of the server that I don&#039;t see? We&#039;re talking 100 files at maybe 60k each being searched.<BR><BR>Any reassurance would be great, and warnings even better.<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>Alex <BR>

Default RE: FSO server load issues with keyword search?

Load? Do you mean like RAM/CPU usage?<BR>Well that depends on what kind of drives you files are on.<BR>If you guys are running UDMA33 then you&#039;re in trouble.<BR>If you running ATA66 or better(I hope for much better here) then you&#039;re more than fine.<BR><BR>To make sure you can have your net admin monitor the performance. To do this all he has to do is setup the counters for paging, CPUt utilization and HDD que and go use your search. This should clear up any doubts you may have.