Help in executing an Oracle Stored Procedure

Thread: Help in executing an Oracle Stored Procedure

Default Help in executing an Oracle Stored Procedure

Does anybody have a sample asp code that executes an Oracle Stored Procedure? The stored procedure that I am trying to execute has two arguments, one "in" and one "out". I&#039ve tried creating a command object, set the parameters up using parameter.append, but I am getting an error that says "Driver Not Capable". Does anybody know what this means?<BR>

hotjaffa@iname.com Guest

Default RE: Help in executing an Oracle Stored Procedure

Hi Maureen,<BR>Here&#039s some sample code I use is ASP. (You need to include Adovbs.inc file )The Stored procedure is in a package. This shouldn&#039t make any difference. Just remove the package name descriptor and change sp name to yours:<BR><BR>&#039Post Selection to Oracle SP in Package-<BR><BR>&#039Create Stored Procedure Comm object<BR>Set Command = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>Set Command.ActiveConnection = cn<BR>Command.CommandType = adCmdStoredPRoc<BR><BR>Command.CommandText = "IFR_UTILS.Parse_Select_Options"<BR> <BR>&#039Create the parameters to be passed in <BR>Set Param1=Command.CreateParameter("S_SESSION_ID", adVarChar, adParamInput, 10)<BR><BR>Command.Parameters.Append Param1<BR>&#039Assign values to the parameters <BR>Command("S_SESSION_ID")="1"<BR><BR>Set Param2=Command.CreateParameter("S_OPTIONS", adVarChar, adParamInput, 255)<BR>Command.Parameters.Append Param2<BR>&#039Assign values to the parameters <BR>Command("S_OPTIONS")=cV3<BR> <BR>&#039Execute Stored Procedure <BR>Command.Execute() <BR>