Getting information from MSWord documents

Thread: Getting information from MSWord documents

Diego Munguia Guest

Default Getting information from MSWord documents

I got this code to get the properties information of<BR>a Microsoft Word document:<BR><BR>Set objWordApp = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")<BR>objWord App.Visible=False<BR>objWordApp.Documents.Open "c:prueba.doc"<BR><BR>AUTOR=objWordApp.Documents.B uiltInDocumentProperties("Author")<BR>COMENTARIOS= objWordApp.Documents.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Co mments")<BR>PALABRAS_CLAVE=objWordApp.Documents.Bu iltInDocumentProperties("Keywords")<BR>CATEGORIA=o bjWordApp.Documents.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Cat egory")<BR>ASUNTO=objWordApp.Documents.BuiltInDocu mentProperties("Subject")<BR>ORGANIZACION=objWordA pp.Documents.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Company")< BR>TITULO=objWordApp.Documents.BuiltInDocumentProp erties("Title")<BR><BR>but the browser hangs and the only thing i get is a server timeout message.... <BR><BR>I already tried setting the AllowOutProcCMPTS flag of the registry<BR><BR>I use the built-in IIS of Windows2000

Default RE: Getting information from MSWord documents

Only InProc server components should be used. If you want to use LocalServer components, you must set the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents metabase setting.