transmission of pictures by form and asp-page into

Thread: transmission of pictures by form and asp-page into

Default transmission of pictures by form and asp-page into

I&#039;m in the moment trying to establish a neat little guestbook with some advanced features using a small access2000-database. Up to the normal level interactive with text in the forms and the asp-pages there are no problems.<BR>The problems rises up with the idea <BR>-to enable the visitor to add a picture of himself to his entry of the guestbook ( .jpg -format ) by adding it into the form,<BR>-to transmit that picture as form data to the .asp-page<BR>-and to get that jpg-picture into the database <BR>( of course within the database the field to contain that is specified as to hold OLE-Object )<BR>I&#039;ve been searching around allready for several days to lokk if anybody tried to realize something like that. It seems not. On the other Hand by the further developement of access to the version of access2000 that database has been advanced in developement exactly to handle such a challenge.<BR><BR>If anybody has any ideas or suggestions i&#039;ll be glad to hear them. I guess somehow with sQL 2000 there must allready exist some kind of handling like that for shoppingcarts or similar usage.<BR>I&#039;d be happy to get some bits of code to give me an idea how to handle this.<BR> <BR>harro<BR>

Default This *can* be done...

...but most people here will advise you to put the images into a separate directory and just put the file name of the image into the DB. Especially with poor little overworked Access, this is a better way to fly. It&#039;s a royal pain to get those pictures back out of the DB. Much better to just be able to plunk down an &#060;IMG SRC=...&#062; link.<BR><BR>But if you insist on doing this, take a look at the 100% ASP/VBS code that does that on either or (I forget which). There&#039;s a discussion of it and problems with it and how it works in this thread from just today:<BR><BR>And this page even has a link to the full source code for it:<BR><BR><BR>But you&#039;d probably be better off finding the original and whatever instructions there are with it.<BR><BR>ANYWAY... You will notice that it *does* have a SaveToDataBase method. Enough said?<BR><BR>