Permission problem creating ADODB object

Thread: Permission problem creating ADODB object

Default Permission problem creating ADODB object

Hi,<BR><BR>First, I apologize for my poor english, french guy here :)<BR><BR>here&#039;s my problem :<BR><BR>I&#039;m using II5.1 with XP pro and the eval version of SQL Server and I have some trouble with the creation of ADODB object in ASP.<BR><BR>For instance, when I try to create a Connection objecy :<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim oConn<BR>set oConn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>I get a &#039;ASP 0178 : 80070005&#039; and a permission denied message<BR><BR>I can create other kind of object such the one I create myself with VB or scripting.FileSystemObject.<BR><BR>I use the IUSR_XXX login for anonymous connection to IIS and I have set the permission on the web directory.<BR><BR>I have check the MSDN like this one<BR>;EN-US;Q198432&<BR>but it did not solve my problem<BR><BR>Finaly, when I use an admin login for the anonymous connection to the server, I can create the ADODB objects.<BR><BR>Any insight would be great :)

Default Permissions to the registry.

Only thing I can tell you is the check your IUSR_&#060;machinename&#062; account has permissions to the registry.