An existing user comes into my site and wants to edit some personal information. I have a dropdown that allows muti select items that I pop with his/her previous choices, like so...<BR>======<BR>For i = 0 To DS.Tables(1).Rows.Count - 1<BR>Dim strAnswer As String = Trim(DS.Tables(1).Rows.Item(i).Item("answer"))<BR> For Each li In lbEthnicity.Items<BR>If li.Value = strAnswer Then<BR> li.Selected = True<BR>End If<BR>Next<BR>Next<BR>=====<BR>I allow the user to change and select more then one item in a select box. Then I use the following code to select what was entered to update the database.<BR>======<BR>Dim li As ListItem<BR>For Each li In lbEthnicity.Items<BR>If li.Selected = True Then<BR> &#039;Update database<BR>mycommand.Parameters("@acctid").Value = Session("acctid")<BR>mycommand.Parameters("@questi on").Value = "Ethnicity"<BR>mycommand.Parameters("@answer").Val ue = li.Value<BR>mycommand.Connection.Open()<BR>mycomma nd.ExecuteNonQuery()<BR>mycommand.Connection.Close ()<BR>End If<BR>Next<BR>======<BR>Problem is it updates the database with all items that are now selected plus the items that were originally selected.<BR><BR>On the database side:<BR>I first delete all existing items the insert the new items.<BR><BR>Do I need to unselect items when a user clicks on them? If so how?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>