Looking for blank database fields

Thread: Looking for blank database fields

Hart Guest

Default Looking for blank database fields

Can&#039t figure out how to pull only records with a specific field that is blank;<BR><BR>sql = "SELECT * FROM Table where Date=&#039&#039"<BR><BR>isn&#039t returning anything - could it be that the field is a date field with an input mask??

Kevin Guest

Default RE: Looking for blank database fields

Have you tried using null, I can&#039t remeber it it works, because I had this problem a while back but try it, it might help.<BR><BR>sql = "SELECT * FROM Table where Date= null"

Hart Guest

Thank you, this seems to work - but now, of course I have one other problem:<BR><BR>How do I check two fields in the same SQL statement?<BR><BR>sql = "SELECT * FROM Table where Date= null & where Date2= null" <BR><BR><BR>doesn&#039t seem to work<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Kevin Guest

Try this : <BR><BR><BR>sql = "SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Date = null AND WHERE Date2 = null" <BR><BR>hope it helps<BR><BR>

Kevin Guest

Default Sorry Got It Wrong

Should be this<BR><BR>sql = "SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Date = null AND Date2 = null" <BR><BR>hope it helps<BR><BR> <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>

Hart Guest

Default thanks...and

Since you are saving me today, I have a different issue:<BR><BR>I have completely confused myself and my code trying to accomplish the following:<BR><BR>I have a page (Page 1) with an image (in frame called "main")<BR><BR>If you click the image, you go to page 2 in frame "main." Page 2 has a form with a select box.<BR><BR>Upon selecting an option I&#039d like to:<BR>return page 1 to frame "main" and;<BR>open up the url of the selected option in a new browser window.<BR><BR>I have used the onClick in the select box to call a function that has:<BR><BR>location = &#039page1&#039<BR>window.open(&#039url&#039)<BR>< BR>but the new window tries to locate the url as:<BR>www.mysite.com/url<BR><BR>Maybe I&#039m going about this all wrong and should be using a third page with Request.Form() or something.<BR><BR>Any ideas on how to accomplish this??<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: thanks...and

type "http://" in front of the URL

Hart Guest

Default That worked but...

Thanks, that worked perfect, but now my <BR><BR>location=&#039xxx.html&#039 <BR><BR>doesn&#039t do anything - parent.location=&#039xxx.html&#039 works bu that&#039s not where I want xxx.html - since xxx.html is where I came from before the form/select page, is there a way I could use back?? or am I just missing something above.<BR><BR>Thanks