URL creating problems

Thread: URL creating problems

Default URL creating problems

Hello everybody,<BR> Hope atleast one of u can solve my problem.<BR> Below is the detailed explanation of the problem.<BR> there are two asp pages say <BR> ask.asp and answer.asp<BR> In ask.asp i am using a hidden field to store<BR> the url using <BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="pageurl" value="&#060;=Request.Servervariables("URL")&Reque st.Servervariables("Query_String")%&#062;"&#062;<B R> <BR>this value is passed on to the processing page answer.asp.<BR>This value is retrieved on the processing page answer.asp through<BR> url_var = Request.Form("pageurl")<BR> <BR>On anwser.asp there are three submit buttons that perform different actions<BR>and one of the buttons should redirect to the url stored in the variable<BR> url_var = Request.Form("pageurl")<BR>the code i have used for this purpose is<BR> <BR> Response.Redirect url_var<BR> <BR> but asp throws a very dirty error saying<BR><BR>****** Error *************<BR><BR> Response object error &#039ASP 0158 : 80004005&#039 <BR><BR> Missing URL <BR><BR> /bold/answer.asp, line 64 <BR><BR> A URL is required. <BR><BR>******** End of Error **********<BR><BR>Hope i can get answer on this messageboard<BR><BR> thanx

Jason Miller Guest

Default RE: URL creating problems

Well, if you cut & pasted that, you&#039re missing a "%" when you&#039re setting the value (value="&#060;%= request.sever...)<BR><BR>If it&#039s not cut & paste, I&#039d ditch your response.redirect (it has just finished causing problems for me for the past hour & a half) and replace it with a &#039&#060;meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;URL=&#060;%= url_var %&#062;"&#062;Please wait while I retrieve your page...&#039 and be done with it.