Listing files in a folder

Thread: Listing files in a folder

Default Listing files in a folder

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.<BR><BR>My problem is. I have a folder on the server containing word and excel documents. There are about 100. I would like to know if it is possible in asp to drag the filenames from the folder to create a dynamic list of all documents and a link to them. I could write the repetiton etc i just need to know how to get the name from the folder. I know that i could do this task by entering all the names etc into a database but dont have the time to input and continue to add as new documents are created.<BR><BR>Many Thanks<BR><BR>rob.<BR><BR>I would also consider doing this in a different language if it is not possible in asp.

Default RE: Listing files in a folder

Look at this code.<BR>It will list the files and create links.<BR>You can modify it to suit your required layout.<BR><BR>

Default just a thought

but have you considered simply creating a virtual folder directed at the directory in question, then enable directory browsing. Any security issues are dealt with by standard NT security.