How can I....

Thread: How can I....

Default How can I....

I have some data in a table and now when a user clicks on a button it makes an .xls excel file using the filesystem object. What I need now is for the data to be put into a excel window in the browser like if you had click on an .xls file link. I can do this if the file has already been made and you click one it. But I don’t want to create the file I just want it to appear in a window and give the user a chance to select Save As from the file menu if the user wants to save it. So instead of making the file with the filesystem object I just want the data to be sent to the next window that is a excel window in the browser.<BR><BR>How can this be done? Do you have an article URL?<BR>Thanks<BR>

Default R&D "Automation" <EOM>

Default Set the content-type of the page

Use an ASP page to send data back to Excel on the client, rather than the browser, by setting the content-type:<BR><BR>Response.ContentType = "application/"<BR><BR>You&#039;ll find some examples here:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Best to avoid automation if you possibly can (it&#039;s very resource intensive).