Greying Out Parts of Forms

Thread: Greying Out Parts of Forms

Default Greying Out Parts of Forms

I have radio buttons and combo boxes, which I would like to be present on my page, but which should not be activated. For example,<BR><BR>1) 3 radio buttons. The last one, should be greyed out and when the user trys to select or hovers over it, a comment box appears, saying why that option isn&#039;t yet available.<BR><BR>2) Have one combo box, which when selected allows the user to choose options from a second combo box. Depending on what have been selected in teh first, certain options in the second combo box should not exist, or be greyed out. The first combo box comes from a database, the second one I&#039;m not sure whether it should be in the database or hard coded.<BR><BR>Please help! Soon! Thanks

Default RE: Greying Out Parts of Forms

Ok, <BR><BR>If you are using Internet Explorer or Netscape 6.2+, you can do as follows:<BR><BR>&#060;input type="radio" title="This button will work if you remove the &#039;disabled&#039; keyword" name="myRadio" disabled&#062;<BR><BR>For netscape ~4.7 (taking from Bill W&#039;s post)<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="blah2" disabled onFocus="this.form.someotherField.focus();"&#062; <BR><BR><BR>Question #2: You should make it come from a database. Making relations is an easy thing. There are several methods to do this: <BR><BR>a) In IE using Hidden frames<BR>b) In Netscape using Frames<BR>c) Pre-populating arrays, and using those. <BR><BR>Search google for dynamic combo boxes.<BR><BR>-Vadim C.

Default Invisible

1: Why not use Javascript to hide the radio button:<BR>In IE5 set style.visibility to hidden or visible.<BR>No need for a comment box.<BR>2: On selecting from the 1st combo box resubmit the form enabling you to also fill the 2nd combo box. If your boxes contain many options it might be better to have 2 frames one for each combo box. On selecting from the 1st combo box sumbit the 2nd page with the 2nd combo box in the other frame. That way your 1st combo box is not continually being downloaded.