I am a newbie to ASP especially developing components. I was trying to use Scriptingcontext object to write to browser directly from ASP Component. Follwoing is thecode i have used in VB:<BR><BR>Class sampl<BR>-----------<BR>Dim mycontext As ScriptingContext<BR><BR>Public Sub onstartpage(ASPScriptingContext As ScriptingContext)<BR> Set mycontext = ASPScriptingContext<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Function testwrite()<BR>Dim resp<BR>Set resp = mycontext.Response<BR>Response.Write "Test Write Successful"<BR>End Function<BR><BR><BR>Module1<BR>-------<BR>Sub main()<BR><BR>end sub<BR><BR><BR>Following is the ASP Code<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%dim tc,wr<BR>set tc=server.createobject("Testcomp.Sampl")<BR>wr=tc. testwrite%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>The book i refer to (Sams ASP 2.0 in 21 days) says procedure &#039onstartpage&#039 in the ASP Component is fired whenever an ASP application instantiates the VB Component.<BR><BR>It doesn&#039t seem to work as i get error :<BR><BR>TestComp error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required <BR><BR>/gasp/sampl.asp, line 4<BR><BR><BR>Is there something i have to do ?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Sridhar