Ok I created this little family picture website using MacroMedia Ultra Dev 4 and an Access database file. I set it up on my Windows XP professional machine and followed the tutorial on making a dsn connection and all that. Well my isp changes my IP so much I finally had to buy some web space to put this site on.<BR><BR>I chose www.hostonce.com due to their cheap price 60 bucks for unlimited space/email accounts/access database connection availability. Of course for that their response time to help emails and actual responses are slow and not so great but hey I&#039;m not running a business site and its not going to get a ton of hits.<BR><BR>Any how they don&#039;t support a DSN connection what they have is this (understand I&#039;m a newbie when it comes to databases and asp and all this stuff). They have a connection manager that allows you to create and ODBC connection. Here is a link: http://www.hostonce.com/support/odbc.htm this shows what I see when I create a odbc connection.<BR><BR>The help desk told me I needed to use a Jet 4.0 connection. What would the asp code look like for creating this? Let me put what I have now when I create this connection on my webserver:<BR><BR>set rsPictures = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>rsPi ctures.ActiveConnection = MM_connPicturesDB_STRING<BR><BR>rsPictures.Source = "SELECT FileName, Description, Category, ImageLocation, FileSize FROM myPictures WHERE Category IN (&#039;" & rsPictures__varCategories & "&#039;) ORDER BY Filename"<BR><BR>Now there is also this file created by macromedia that has this in it that is included in the asp page above the db connection creation:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039; FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"<BR>&#039; Type="ADO"<BR>&#039; HTTP="false"<BR>&#039; Catalog=""<BR>&#039; Schema=""<BR>MM_connPicturesDB_STRING = "dsn=picturesDB;"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>I&#039 ;m just not sure how the thing I create on the hostonce connection page relates to what goes into my asp page. I just want a simple page that lets users select how many pictures to display per page and maybe a search by family last name. <BR><BR>Any help will be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>DB/ASP Newbie