About Speech in ASP.NET

Thread: About Speech in ASP.NET

Default About Speech in ASP.NET

Hi, could you do me favour, I am trying to implement a speech in a web page, the code doesn&#039;t work.<BR><BR>Public Class WebForm1<BR> Inherits System.Web.UI.Page<BR> Protected WithEvents Image1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image<BR> Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label<BR> Protected WithEvents lnkMaori As System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink<BR> Protected WithEvents lnkEnglish As System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink<BR><BR> Dim sp As SpeechLib.SpVoice<BR>#Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code "<BR><BR> &#039;This call is required by the Web Form Designer.<BR> &#060;System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()&#06 2; Private Sub InitializeComponent()<BR><BR> End Sub<BR><BR> Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init<BR> &#039;CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer<BR> &#039;Do not modify it using the code editor.<BR> InitializeComponent()<BR> End Sub<BR><BR>#End Region<BR><BR> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR> &#039;Put user code to initialize the page here<BR> sp = New SpeechLib.SpVoice()<BR> sp.Voice = sp.GetVoices("Name=Microsoft Sam", "Language=409").Item(0)<BR><BR> sp.Speak("Welcome to Homai Nation School For the Blind and Vision Impaired")<BR> sp = Nothing<BR> End Sub<BR>End Class<BR><BR>could you tell me what is wrong with that?<BR>Cheers

Default You have to use ActiveX, not ASP.net

The MS Speech API comes with some examples of how to use it in a web page. I believe the example you are using works with VB or VB.net. You have to use the ActiveX component and client side scripting to get it to work.<BR><BR>If you installed the SAPI SDK, check the examples for the DHTML examples.