Getting date and time from user

Thread: Getting date and time from user

Default Getting date and time from user

What is the best way to get date and time from users. Most will never type it in the correct format. I need dates and times. I looked at the calendar and it will be just a date. Time I could put in a list box. I am looking for the easiest way for a user to put in day and time. I want to have the current day and time selected etc. To make it easy. Any ideas?

Default build a string

i would use a list box for the time, or perhaps 2 list boxes if you want 1 for the hour of day and another for the minute (in 15 minute intervals)<BR><BR>then just have your code assemble the user feedback into a string that the database will accept. i would look at the way that your database needs date/time values formatted, and then use that as a model for my string constructor. for example, your string constructor might start with a date value from a calendar control and then append a time value from a list box control to create a string that is compatible with your database&#039;s syntax while also including all the info you need.<BR><BR>hope this helps. btw, any ideas on my posting which is right above yours? i am looking for a way to get the url of the referring page...if you have any ideas, please reply to that post