i am getting an error message that tells me that an object reference is not set to an instance of an object. the line of code that is generating the error(90) is specified in the error message below. line 89, above it, is the only preceding code that references the same variable. in case it is relevant, i will tell you that the script currently imports the System.Web and System.IO namespaces.<BR><BR>do i need to import a different namespace? or do i need to do more than Dim-ing the object as i do in line 89 below?<BR><BR>any advice is appreciated. here is the error message:<BR>-------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Object reference not set to an instance of an object. <BR>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.<BR><BR>Source Error: <BR><BR>Line 88: <BR>Line 89: Dim MyUrl As Uri = Request.UrlReferrer<BR>Line 90: Response.Write("Referrer URL Protocol: " & MyUrl.Scheme & "<BR>")<BR>Line 91: <BR>Line 92: Dim userAgent As String <BR><BR>Source File: J:myapplicationpathrowsers.aspx Line: 90 <BR><BR>Stack Trace: <BR><BR><BR>[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]<BR> ASP.browsers_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in J:myapplicationpathrowsers.aspx:90<BR> System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67<BR> System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +29<BR> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +724<BR> <BR>