i have been working on changing over an existing web database application to utilize oledb and i have run into a problem. i can access the database and do all all the querys that i want but i cannot seem to update or insert into the database. i get an error about incorrect sql syntax. it reads :<BR> Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR> Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. <BR>and i get the same thing with update. i noticed when i changed over that it would let me access the database even if i left the username and password out of the connection string...which im also curious about if anyone has any ideas on that one...but i tried it without the username / password and with the correct username and password and it still doesnt work..same error. i even tried resetting the admin password to blank and i still get the same thing so evidently it is not a database authentication thing. i know the sql is right because if i simply change from an oledb connection back to a dsn connection or a dsnless connection then it works beautifully. any help appreciated. thanks in advance.<BR><BR>steve