The data is stored in a SQL Server 7 database. <BR><BR>If I view the data using Access 2000, I can see all the french accents. <BR><BR>However, if I try to extract the data using an ASP page, every occurence of any french character is replaced with square character - Asc(letter) on the french character always returns character number 26. <BR><BR>I realize that I have to convert the french character to it&#039;s HTML equivalent, but the data being returned in the recordset is littered with character number 26, which is basically a garbage character. <BR><BR>I tried putting the following lines at the beginning of my page, but that didn&#039;t work: <BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript CodePage=65001%&#062; <BR>&#060;%Session.CodePage = 65001%&#062; <BR><BR>Also tried putting the following line in the &#060;HEAD&#062; of the document, but that also didn&#039;t work: <BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8"&#062; <BR><BR>So here&#039;s my question... if it displays correctly in Access, why can&#039;t I get my ASP page to display it correctly? <BR><BR>If I do this: <BR><BR>&#060;%=Chr(122)%&#062; <BR><BR>I get the correct French character. So I know the actual HTML page is correctly set up. <BR><BR>My HTML page does correctly display french accents if I type them in directly (Ex: &cirqu;) <BR><BR>If I do this: <BR><BR>&#060;%=Chr(122)%&#062; <BR><BR>The correct French character displays on the page. So I know the actual HTML page is correctly set up. <BR><BR>This leads me to believe that this is a Data Access problem.<BR><BR>If I do this:<BR>&#060;%=RS("aField")%&#062;<BR><BR>The output looks like this...<BR><BR>Dtails<BR><BR>Where the  is actually a French accented character.<BR><BR>If I do a Chr() on the  character, no matter what accented character is being Chr()&#039;ed, the result is always 26.<BR><BR><BR>Why is this happening? What am I missing?<BR><BR>