WSH + ASP problem plz help

Thread: WSH + ASP problem plz help

Default WSH + ASP problem plz help

Im having a problem with WSH and ASP.... I want my ASP script to Execute a vbs file on the Server ( my server ) .... but I keep getting a permisssion error which Im not sure how to fix...<BR>my ASP script : <BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim sh<BR>Set sh = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>F = sh.Run("d:1.vbs")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I tried this and it gave me an error message about permission on the page that returned .... so I went and gaved permission to cscript.exe to allow the the IUSR_ComputerName and IWAN_ComputerName to read/write/...full control also I changed on IIS on the Tab home directory "Execute permission" from script only to script and executable<BR>now I get not message at all on the returned page .... <BR>I used a component for ASP that does the samething like the WScript.Shell but this one return the result and this is the error I get : <BR>CScript Error: Loading your settings failed. (Access is denied.<BR>)<BR>I searched yahoo for simular problem for almost 4 houres without any luck ..... <BR><BR>comment or suggestion always Welcome <BR>regards, <BR>

Default RE: WSH + ASP problem plz help

try setting permissions to the WScript.exe

Default Also..

...check what that script does. If the script attempts to modify anything, you will need to give the LAN user access - for some reason it impersonates that user, rather than the IUSR...<BR><BR>Craig.