what do i have to do to use a requiredFieldvalidat

Thread: what do i have to do to use a requiredFieldvalidat

Default what do i have to do to use a requiredFieldvalidat

i dont know wich namespace should i import<BR><BR>&#060;%@ import namespace="System.Web.UI.HTMLcontrols" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ import namespace="System.Data" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ import namespace="System.Object" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ import namespace="System.Data.sqlClient" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %&#062;<BR><BR>i already import all this and i get this error:<BR><BR>Parser Error Message: Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.RequiredFieldValidatos from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.<BR><BR>so i try to do this:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Register TagPrefix="Valida" <BR>Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" <BR>Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" %&#062;<BR><BR>and then i got this:<BR>Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.<BR><BR>So i really dont know what namespace is missing...could you help me?...thanks...

Default RE: what do i have to do to use a requiredFieldval

Its in the System.Web.UI.WebControls namespace.

Default What are you trying to do?

It looks like you want to register a custom control, but you are talking aboout a standard RequiredFieldValidator. You can use a RFV in any page without importing any namespace. Are you using the right syntax?<BR><BR>It should be<BR><BR>&#060;asp:RequiredFieldValidator id="something" runat="server" blah blah blah &#062;Some message here&#060;/asp:RequiredFieldValidator&#062;<BR><BR>