IIS/Directory Question

Thread: IIS/Directory Question

Default IIS/Directory Question

This is a somewhat unusual question and im not sure it can even be done in windows. I have a win2k IIS web server.<BR><BR>I have a domain that we will call mydomain.com <BR>The location of mydomain.com is C:inetpubwwwrootmydomain<BR>I have a folder at c:inetpubwwwrootmydomainimages<BR><BR>my goal is to be able to have someone type in there web browser www.mydomain.comimages1.jpg and have it displayed 1.jpg however for reasons beyond the scope of this question 1.jpg can not be in the folder located at c:inetpubwwwrootmydomainimages it is instead in a folder at c:myfilespictures1.jpg<BR><BR>Any advice on how to do this would be greatly apreaciated. Also if possible what kind of security settings will I have to use so that everything is secure.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>David<BR>david@nikqu.com< BR>

Default RE: IIS/Directory Question

I guess you could make a new virtual directory off your root called images and point this directory to the C:myfilespictures location. You&#039;d have to make sure the IUSR_MachineName account has access to this folder.<BR><BR>Alternatively if this would work you could put an .ASP page in myDomainimages that would read a querystring value and then use the FileSystemObject to read the image from the other location and binary write it back.<BR><BR>