My final request? AOL/ASP.NET/LocalHOST/Email

Thread: My final request? AOL/ASP.NET/LocalHOST/Email

Default My final request? AOL/ASP.NET/LocalHOST/Email

I am getting used to never getting a reply so this could well be my last request for help.<BR><BR>I have Brinkster&#039;s free account which does not support web email. I am an AOL user at home and cannot get it to work under my &#039;localhost&#039; either.<BR><BR>AOL is a law unto itself - won&#039;t allow Outlook to be used in the UK etc..<BR><BR>The error is ...<BR>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transport failed to connect to the server. <BR><BR>And my code is <BR><BR>...<BR>&#060;%@ Import NameSpace="System.Web.Mail" %&#062;<BR>...<BR><BR>Dim msg as New MailMessage()<BR>msg.To = "" <BR>msg.From = lblParamEmail.Text<BR>msg.Subject = "My Application"<BR>msg.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text<BR>msg.Body = "At " + DateTime.Now + " feedback was sent from an ASP.NET " & _<BR>"Web page. Sent by " & lblParamEmail.Text<BR>SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"<BR>SmtpMail.Send(msg)<BR>msg = Nothing<BR><BR>I have tried setting up on ERASERVER but cannot connect with FTP or Send email to it. In looking for that solution I discovered they do not support MDB files on the free trial - so I am still looking for a free Brinkster type site with WEbMAil? <BR><BR>Don&#039;t want to cough up the cash until I am happy my host does everything I need first. Is that a hopeless cause?<BR><BR>Brinkster is so slow - has anybody upgraded to the Premium Service ? And was the improvement dramatic?<BR><BR>Mike Pike (UK)

Default Maybe....

You get get replies if you posted your questions in the correct forum.<BR><BR>hint: .NET forum!<BR><BR>