Provider error '8000ffff' Catastrophic f

Thread: Provider error '8000ffff' Catastrophic f

Default Provider error '8000ffff' Catastrophic f

I am getting this error for last couple of days<BR>Provider error &#039;8000ffff&#039;<BR>Catastrophic failure<BR><BR>And it gives error where I try to open a database <BR>connection in my asp pages. But the weirdest thing is it&#039;s <BR>totally random. And it can give the error in any page of <BR>the web application where I am opening the ADO connection <BR>to the Oracle 8 database. And the best part is if the error occurs <BR>do nothing for a while (1 minute at max) and refresh the <BR>page after that. It will come up as nothing happened. I <BR>tried to find out what kind of user action triggers this <BR>error. But as I mentioned before it&#039;s really random.<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>set rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>conn.Con nectionString = "......" <BR>conn.Open error happens here<BR><BR>cheers<BR>james

Default Provider error means...

...that it is the ODBC Driver (the data "provider") that is failing and/or reporting the failure.<BR><BR>Which makes eminent sense, since it is happening on the Connection.Open, which is the first place in the page where the "provider" is actually used.<BR><BR>But what is causing it? No idea.<BR><BR>You might see if you can find a different ODBC or OLE DB driver for the Oracle database. You don&#039;t mention which one you are using, so I dunno what to say beyond that.<BR><BR>