Writing into another page

Thread: Writing into another page

Default Writing into another page

I&#039m sure this has been asked before (where is that search facility...)<BR>How do you post data to another web page and get the results<BR>without having to leave the page you displaying.<BR><BR><BR>E.g.<BR>Company A web site wants to display information from Company B web site (two forms on company B site - one collects the input the next displays results) but doesn&#039t want the user to know that the information is coming from company B&#039s web site.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Writing into another page

If there is an easy way to do this, I&#039m not aware of it. But there are a few ideas I have that you might look into.<BR><BR>Write a com object to open a connection to the site and retrieve the page with the information you want, you can parse the information in the COM object and return it to ASP to display on your page.<BR><BR>Load the other companies page in a hidden frame on your site, try to retrieve the values you want with javascript or DHTML.<BR><BR>Hope I helped<BR><BR>Nathan

Thanks,<BR>A friend told me that Perl should be able to do it but I&#039ve never used it. I hoped there may be a few Perl programmers out there!<BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Yes, Perl would also be a solution, or any cgi scripting for that matter. But I have pretty much completely switched my server technologies over to ASP and COM, I don&#039t use CGI anymore, that&#039s why I didn&#039t mention it before. If you know someone who could write it for you, it is an option.<BR><BR>Good luck with it!<BR><BR>Nathan