copy/update table between Access and Oracle

Thread: copy/update table between Access and Oracle

Default copy/update table between Access and Oracle

I&#039;m a newbie, I have used ASP to create reports from Oracle to the company intranet. <BR>(I am not the webmaster, just contribute to a page on the intranet). <BR><BR>Ok, here&#039;s my question: <BR><BR>So far I&#039;ve done this: User runs a web based report from Oracle database. I only have read access to Oracle. <BR><BR>Now I need to be able to add a flag to reviewed records, so that when a user runs the report, flags are displayed for select records. Again, I don&#039;t have write access to the Oracle database. <BR><BR>How can I get to do the above? <BR>I was thinking to somehow click a button, run the usual Oracle query, then (-somehow, I haven&#039;t done this before!-) update an Access copy of that table. I would add the flags to the Access table which gets updated with new rows everytime the user queries the Oracle db. <BR><BR>Anyone has a better idea? <BR>I would appreciate pointers to similar codes. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Rascolnicov R <BR>

Default ask for another table with r/w permissions

to be built for you...<BR><BR>id PK<BR>userID<BR>recordID<BR>datestamp<BR><BR>then write to the oracle table each time a user views the particular record. keep it within one DB, limits your connections etc.<BR><BR>you might even consider writing some stored procedures to do this automatically. <BR><BR>hth<BR><BR>bastien