asp program should run once a day automatically wi

Thread: asp program should run once a day automatically wi

Default asp program should run once a day automatically wi

Any one know how to run an ASP program once a day in server automatically without any browser request.the program should run continously in server as a background process.

Default Active Server "Pages"

means that a request must be made through IIS to process the "page". ASP is not designed to run as a service.<BR><BR>If you need something to run as a service, write a C++ COM object or a .NET service.<BR><BR>

Default Why use asp?

Sounds more like a service to me.

Default RE: Why use asp?More details

Ok.I Agree.Could u pls send more details reg using service or any help reg this(tutorial or any good websites).

Default RE: Why use asp?More details

Ok.I Agree.Could u pls send more details reg using service or any help reg this(tutorial or any good websites).

Default RE: Active Server

I don&#039;t have such knowledge to write c++ Com Objects or .net.could u pls help me reg this.

Default Amazing new technology

Not trying to be a jerk, but search google. Something like "Creating a Windows 2000 Service"

Default RE: Active Server

Well, no one can explain in a paragraph how to write C++ services (it&#039;ll be services, not COM objects)<BR><BR>Check out the FAQs on this site. There&#039;s a section to fire a WSH (equivalent to ASP) at a certain time of the day.

Default weird request

Not knowing what you&#039;re going to do, and why you need it to run in the background and continously, advising a proper fix is problematic - however for a quick fix, you can call an ASP page once a day by using the Scheduled Tasks feature of Windows....<BR><BR>Of course, that would probably trigger a browser request though...