Unique user id

Thread: Unique user id

Default Unique user id

&nbsp;<BR>Hi,<BR>I am integrating with World Pay, a credit card processor. When forwarding to their credit card processing page, you must send various different pieces of information, such as Name, address, products, price...etc. And also you must send a unique user ID that allows you reference of the order. How would I go about doing this??<BR><BR>

Default RE: Unique user id

If your details are coming out of a db you can automattically create a unique id.<BR><BR>If not store a (8-digit?) number in an application variable, or, possibly a better idea, a text file, increasing it by one each time a new user makes an order?

Default RE: Unique user id

Great,<BR>so far I have been using sessions to store the shopping cart details. How about if I stored them in a database and then added the details to this database entry to complete the order.<BR><BR>By the way, how would I go about storing information on what the customer has actually ordered? Storing details on everything else is fine, but in the database entry should I have all the product IDs, seperated by commas, and then have a precalculated total cost, that includes postage ...etc. <BR><BR>