Mass print

Thread: Mass print

Default Mass print

I am trying to batch print a whole bunch of pages by a single click. I do this by opening a page with frames of all the pages that I want to print, and then print each frame one by one.<BR><BR>My questions are:<BR>Is there a better way to do this instead of using frameset?<BR>Is there a limit on how many frames I can make?<BR>Will it crash user&#039;s browser if I have like 100 frames, or more?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default Interesting...

I don&#039;t know at what point you will crash the browser, but...<BR><BR>But why not simply use a handful of frames and, as you print one, load a different page into it?<BR><BR>Recycle the frames. I wouldn&#039;t think you&#039;d need more than two.<BR><BR>You initiate the load on one and then call print on the other. When the print is done, you reverse the roles and continue.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve never tried that, but... I&#039;m pretty sure that calling Print will suspend other operations in the same thread, so only the loading into the other frame (which should be happening in another thread) would continue. But try it!<BR><BR>